Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hi everyone!

First of all, great job on the bake sale--we did an awesome job!

Secondly, could anyone let me know if you know any emails to add to our list? I feel like we're forgetting a couple of people and they weren't at our meeting this winter to add their emails. Feel free to forward this to anyone.

Thirdly, this info is posted to www.quarterlifequorum.blogspot.com if you want to access it there.

1. The AIDS Walk is at Theis Park, located at 47th and Oak just south of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
Registration opens at 8:00 a.m.
Welcoming Ceremonies commence at 9:30 a.m
and at 10 a.m. WE WALK!

I will probably be there between 9:00 and 9:15 a.m. to make our team donation (GO TEAM!) which I still have to pick up from Deb, by the way, and I'm not exactly sure how registration works but I'll do my best to check us in as a team.

Let's meet beginning at 9:30 in front of the registration tables. I know there will probably be many, and they will be crowded, but I haven't been there and I don't know what kind of "landmarks" there will be so that's the only thing I can think of that we all will recognize and be able to find. We'll stand in front of them far enough out to not get in the way of the line.

I will have my cell (913) 709-5455 if you can't find us. Be there no later than 9:45 because then we'll want to mosey on over and catch some of the opening ceremonies, plus get in line to walk.

The course is 3.5 miles. We will be WALKING, not running (that means you, Ian!) so we will probably finish in about an hour, depending on how crowded and hot it is! After that, we'll seek nourishment at our minister's house.

http://www.aidswalkkansascity.org/

2. Thom has kindly invited us to brunch at his place at 11:30, so if you can't make the walk but can meet us later, feel free to come by. It'll mainly be bagels, so feel free to contribute juice, or other brunchable items if you wish. We're bringing fruit.

This is from Thom:

Thom's condo is located at 202 E. 51st Street in the Brookside / South Plaza
neighborhood.

I am basically at the corner of 51st and Brookside (or 51st and Grand).
Grand is a one-way street with parking on both sides.

Cell is 913-645-1504 if you need directions.

Thanks, everyone. Hope to see you Saturday morning!

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home